Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and fiber. The small, generally grayish seeds contain all the essential amino acids. Chia seeds are very similar to flax in composition but are easier to digest and absorb.
- 1 batch Chocolate Bliss*
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- Prepare Chocolate Bliss as directed on package. (I use 4 tablespoons of agave nectar in one batch of bliss and that’s plenty! Taste to see what works for you.)
- Add one frozen banana to the Chocolate Bliss. (I like to have peeled, sliced bananas on hand in the freezer for smoothies, banana ice cream, and Chocolate Bliss.)
- Soak one cup chia seeds overnight (minimum of 12 hours) in 5.5 cups Chocolate Bliss. Place in the refrigerator.
- Whisk well and enjoy! The pudding will have the consistency of a thick tapioca.
*Chocolate Bliss is a wonderful cacao powder full of vitamins, minerals, EFA oils and antioxidants, especially vitamins C and E sourced from whole foods. The smooth, rich chocolate flavor is enjoyable to most mainstream people, including children. It’s the only super food I purchase because I like to use it in my chocolate recipes and smoothies.