Ginger Ice Cream
This is by far the best “raw” ice cream I’ve ever tasted! This ice cream will last in the freezer for up to two months. (ha ha)
- 2 cups almonds, soaked 8 hours, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- 6 tablespoons ginger juice
- 1 cup light agave nectar
- 2 ¾ tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- pinch of salt
- Blend almonds and water in high speed blender until smooth
- Strain mixture through mesh bag and store pulp for other uses
- Return almond cream to blender, add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Transfer ice cream to a storage container and freeze 12 hours or until it reaches desired firmness.
- Let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before scooping to serve.
©2011 Sue Ann Gleason
Source: Kari Bernardi-Ibsen, Living Light Faculty Guest Chef