Hot Chocolate Brownies
Who says brownies have to come out of the oven?
- 4 cups walnuts, soaked and dehydrated
- ½ cup pitted soft dates, chopped
- ½ cup dried figs, soaked 15 minutes, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, warmed to liquid*
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- ½ cup walnuts, soaked, dehydrated and chopped
- * To melt coconut oil, place in a measuring cup and then submerge measuring cup in hot water and stir until it becomes a liquid.
- Place 4 cups of walnuts in a food processor and pulse until they reach the consistency of meal.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the chopped walnuts and continue processing until well mixed and sticky.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and mix in the remaining chopped walnuts. Press the mixture into a brownie pan, chill and slice.
©2011 Sue Ann Gleason
Source: Chef Cherie Soria, Living Light Culinary School